Since we last spoke I …
- Got a glorious new bed and moved it into a different room in our home. It’s a bigger room, but like our old bedroom, it contains only a bed, two nightstands, the dog bed, and a ton of natural light. It’s so zen I can’t stand it.
- Went to my company picnic. Got a ridiculous rug burn on my elbow from the inflatable slide. Felt awkward in my Tyr Maxback while my coworkers hung out in bikinis on the swim beach. But…one, I could hardly dress more modestly at work unless I wore a hijab. Two, it was free entry to the Boulder Reservoir! Damned if I wasn’t going to sneak in a free open water swim.
- Discovered doing a six minute run/one minute walk combination means I can run much farther and crazy faster. Like, 2-3 miles at 11-12 minute miles vs. 5 miles at 10 minute miles. What? I KNOW.
- Feeling much better about the 6.4 mile run in my Olympic triathlon coming up. Less doomed, more just regular dread.
- Received many of the RSVPs I worried about so much are starting to come in for my sister’s wedding. My bridesmaid dress will be here soon, and I want to find a big gold statement necklace to wear with it.
- Finished another book. I’m at 16 down out of a goal of 25 for the year.
The summer has been silly busy. I look forward to things calming down in the fall.